Monday, May 18, 2009

Promise me this...

Maybe it’s just me, but promises are a big deal. A promise according to the dictionary is a declaration that something will or will not be done, given, etc., by one. If you are going to make a promise that means that it is something of importance and value to you. So why do people break promises? I understand that a drunken promise may not hold much value but sober ones definitely do. If you ask me you shouldn’t make a promise if you don’t have the intention of keeping. Or if you can’t keep it there should a good reason for it. If you take the time and effort to make the promise have the decency to follow through and be good on your word. Remember when we were younger our parents promised that they’d take us to Chuck E. Cheese and then they didn’t and how upset we were. I feel that same way when a friend breaks a promise to me now. I don’t make promises that I can’t keep so I expect the same of those around me… is that too much to ask? All I'm asking is that you follow through with a promise you are making or if you can't don't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment