Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cabbie Talk

I've taken cabs during the day and the cabbie stops talking on the phone to ask me where I'm going and then goes back to their phone conversation. Then there are those drunk cab rides home that you tell the cabbie where you need to go and he's probably telling the person on the other end of the phone how he/she just picked up a passenger that is drunk and better not throw-up in the cab. What kind of cell phone plans do cabbies have that they are able to talk all day and all night? True most cell phone companies offer unlimited plans for day and night, but then that brings up the question... who are they talking to? Yeah I have friends that I talk to numerous times a day about nothing, but its not something that happens everyday. Cabbies talk on the phone every day all day. So who are they talking to at such odd hours of the day? Do they talk to other cabbies about new routes or hotspots for passengers? Are they complaining about their passengers?

4 comments:

  1. wait - a girl who talks 24/7 on the phone is wondering what cabbies talk about while driving?! maybe the same stuff as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself in the car alone often since I drive to the burbs for work and back and also drive from school to school daily! Im not a music person and besides...I cant hear the same songs over and over. So I talk on the phone as much as I can. I have certain people I call at certain times and others I just say "So what else?" to a million times. But it is HARD trying others who are as free as you are when you are in the car. Everyone has lives...so I dont know who cabbies talk to other than other cabbies who are also bored in their cars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They talk to their buddies in their motherland or friends who are also cabbies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally true! We were just in a cab and the guy was on the phone talking the WHOLE time! I mean he didnt stop to breathe! I do have to day he got us from Univ Village to Lincoln Park in 12 mins on Sat when the Blackhawks game was going on, the Cubs game had winded down and the Bulls game was going on in Chicago! He took Lake Shore and talking on the phone the whole time even when we left he collected the $ and was still on the phone! All I understood was www.411.com, he said it twice!

    ReplyDelete