Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Minor changes…huge consequences

If you could go back and make changes in your life would you? What would you change? Personally I wouldn’t want to go back and change anything because the people I've met and the experiences I've been through have made me who I am today. My life isn't perfect, but its my life and I'm happy with it and the way its going. Yeah, I it would be great if I had a job right now, but then I wouldn't be able to write my blog or do the random freelance work that I'm working on. Change one thing no matter how small and it has major impact on the next outcome in life. I may not have met the people that have become an important part of my life and who I am. I wouldn’t have the same memories that I have with my friends and family and all the good times and bad times that we’ve been through. Most of all, if I was to change my past, I wouldn’t be who I am today. Everything that has happened to me from birth till now has made me who I am and has given me the life lessons that help me make everyday decisions in my life. So think about it, if you were to go back in time and make a change in your life.. would it be worth it? Would you be happier? Do you have more to gain or lose in the change?

It has been said something as small as the flutter of a butterfly’s wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world. - Chaos Theory

1 comment:

  1. Life is pretty much like the "Choose Your Own Adventure" Books we read as kids. You pick a path and the way you make a decision will turn that path towards your destiny. With that said...I am very happy with the way things turned out and I wouldnt change my destiny. However, I beleive that there are many paths to reach the same destiny. Also, I think there are things I know now that I didnt before, so I would change small things because I know it would have prevented pain and heartache or it would have made my character stronger.

    ReplyDelete