Saturday, March 28, 2009

Music in my life

Most people that know me know that music is a big part of my life, I’m either listening to it on my computer or iPod at all times. The first thing I do when I get I the car is turn on music, I almost feel naked without a beat. These days while I’m walking around the city or at the gym, I wonder what other people are listening to. We all have iPods and mp3 players that store thousands of songs so what do people listen to? People are just happier and smiling with the headphones on and their head bopping to what they are listening to, regardless of what they are listening to. I wonder if the lady working out in my gym is listening to classical music or T.I. or if the punk rock girl on the EL is listening to U2 or Metric. I mean the beauty of the iPod and any personal system like that is that you can be listening to what ever you want and no one will ever know. Its just interesting to see how based on a person’s appearance we make the assumption on what they are listening to. Music can help people deal and feel emotions they normally may not, anger, sadness, happiness what ever it may be. It’s crazy that a simple thing as music is able to do so much for a person, get them out of a funk, verbalize their feelings, get someone excited, set the mood for an event… the examples are endless.

1 comment: